If you’re looking for an easy recipe to go through and indulge in for dinner, then this is for you. I’m currently doing a 120% course load…in the summer…when the recommended course load is 60%, max. I’m also a major foodie. So with this being said, one can understand why I want to eat things that are delicious, good for me and easy to make. I genuinely made all this within an hour (outside of marination time), so I’m definitely excited to share it with you all. Let’s get into it!
Spicy Honey Soy Chicken
- 1½ – 2 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 5 tbsp. honey
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- dried chilli flakes (measurement wholly dependant on your preference)
- *salt to taste if wanted – not necessary due to soy sauce*
- Whisk all the seasoning together
- Thoroughly coat all pieces of chicken in marinade & let sit for 1-2 hours
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes on 425 degrees, uncovered
- Let sit for about 5 minutes once taken out of oven
- (Collect chicken drippings and juices & set aside for veggies – do not discard)
- Red onions
- Drippings from chicken
- Sweat out red onions on medium heat in a dash of vegetable oil
- Add mushrooms, add in drippings from chicken once mushrooms slightly cooked
- When mushrooms are almost cooked through, add in spinach and take off heat
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper
- Rice Noodles
- 1 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- Once rice noodles are cooked through, toss in sesame oil and rice wine vinegar.
- Sauces from veggies and flavour from chicken will be more than enough to bring this dish together…trust me 🙂
I’d suggest serving this with some hoisin sauce and good ol’ sriracha on the side for those that want a little more oomph in their bite. You can easily opt out of rice noodles and just enjoy the veggies and chicken for a low carb option for this dinner. I would also suggest using low sodium soy sauce! How’s that for an easy recipe for dinner? Enjoy!
Good vibes, always.